Sunday, April 7, 2013

Too Young to Buy Spray Paint

Last weekend I noticed that all of my neighbors were outside working. I chose to go to the mall instead. At the end of that weekend, I was slightly jealous of all the renewed energy in their homes and yards. Soooo, this weekend I took on some DIY projects. I ended up painting my bathroom, organizing the garage, and prepping my yard for
S P R I N G. I headed to my favorite store The Home Depot to get supplies. I'm not sure how old you need to be to buy spray paint but I was definitely carded. I'm not sure if I should be annoyed now because I am quickly approaching thirty or save my annoyance for the day when I am no longer carded.

I started on the bathroom very, very early and was able to get it pretty much done before my free labor came over to help. (THANKS FRIENDS)The walls were a very unflattering shade of pink when I moved in and I vowed to change that immediately!

It's hard to see but trust me, the walls are ugly
I bought the paint right away and then time got away from me. Three years later, I finally painted the bathroom! 
I was also missing a crucial piece of hardware, a towel rack. I bought a new one (Target had a chrome one on sale for $8!!), new towels, and a new bathmat. I'll post pictures more pictures as soon as I get the rack up!! I'm extra proud of myself because I actually took the time to tape everything correctly and my ceilings, granite, window, and door are all free of gray paint. My dad is very proud :).

I spent the majority of the weekend working on front and backyard projects. I had a huge wooden work table in the yard that at one time, stored all of the pool cleaning tools. I moved the pool stuff to the garage and the table became my dog's favorite place to dig holes. Anything wooden that isn't properly cared for usually rots and that's exactly what happened in this case. My friend and I spent about an hour DESTROYING the table with our feet and hammers. I think this would be a great way to get out all of our built up rage. We don't really have built up rage but it was fun regardless. I forgot to take pictures so you'll just have to use your imagination. 

Also in the yard, we painted some chairs I have on the pool deck. They're not done drying yet so here are some pictures of them upside down. 
Again, just use your imagination to visualize them upright and on the deck
I have a friend who is a horticulturist (Check out his awesome Hortipopia) who helped me get the yard ready. I forgot 'before' pictures (sorry guys, I will get better) but here are some 'after' pictures for you to check out. 
Cordyline

Look at my shadow!

Welcome!


0 comments:

Post a Comment