Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I love TMZ


but only because I am not a celebrity.  I know it is trashy and mindless and in poor taste to watch a show centered around gossip but it's entertaining.  Maybe I'll grow out of watching and reading TMZ as soon as I turn 30 but maybe, just maybe, I'll be watching them until they no longer exist. 


Now that we all know I'm a TMZ fan, I think my next train of thought will make a bit more sense. I have a very small bubble that I call home. I went to one elementary school, one middle school, and one high school. I have had the majority of my friendships for well over 10 years. I'm not even sure if I know how to make new friends because I can't remember the last time I've had to do that.  In fact, I still live within 5 miles of the house I grew up in, all of the schools I attended, and most importantly the homes that my dad and sister live in today.  That being said, while Orlando is a pretty big metropolitan area, I consider this a "small town area".  I can't really go anywhere without seeing someone I know or knew well at one point or another. This is why I try hard to never, ever, ever leave my house looking crazy


“I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”

― Coco Chanel

I think celebrities know who Coco Chanel. She's pretty famous and to some infamous. Regardless, this quote says everything I am thinking and feeling about looking at pictures and videos of celebrities out and about. On one hand, I get it. You are probably on your way to a set where your hair, makeup, and wardrobe will be selected for you. Maybe you just really want Starbucks after 36 hours of working on location. Maybe you just don't feel well! On the other hand, did you see what Coco said? Seems like pretty solid advice. This may sound like judging but I'm not. I'm just making observations and blogging about them. This is America! You are free to dress however you like regardless of what you may look like plastered on tmz.com.  I, however, will be channeling the wise words of Coco Chanel each and every time I leave the house. For now. . . who knows what life is like after 30?

0 comments:

Post a Comment