Sunday, April 14, 2013

5 Greatest Songs E V E R

Over the last few weeks, I've been on a quest to find some new music. I've been listening to playlists on Spotify, creating random radio stations on Pandora, and soliciting suggestions from friends. As I inch closer to 30, I keep thinking back to how good music used to be. I know that I am not even close to being "old" but I love older music. This has prompted me to give you, my top 5 songs of all time. Check out my list and most importantly, share your top 5. Like I said, I'm on a search for new and new to me music.

Honorable Mentions:

*Michael Jackson: Thriller
*Prince AKA The Artist Formerly Known as Prince: 1999
*Puff Daddy/Diddy/Sean Combs: All About the Benjamins
*David Bowie: Let's Dance
*Madonna: Holiday


5. Back & Forth

Artist: Aaliyah
Album: Age Ain't Nothin But a Number
Year of Release: 1994
Favorite lines: 
It's Friday 
and I'm ready to swing
pick up my girls
Hit the party scene
Reason I love it: She dressed like me; Okay I didn't actually wear baggy pants with my boxers showing but I wanted to. I also love basketball and dancing. That's pretty much what this video/song represents. 


4. Around the World

Artist: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Album: Californication
Year of Release: 1999
Favorite lines: 
All around the world
We could make time
Rompin' and a-stompin'
'cause I'm in my prime

Reason I love it: I have a crush on Anthony Kiedis' voice. The bassline is amazing. Did I mention I have a crush on Anthony Kiedis' voice?

3. Stronger


Artist: Kanye West
Album: Graduation
Year of Release: 2006
Favorite lines: 

Bow in the presence of greatness
‘Cause right now thou has forsaken us
You should be honored by my lateness

Reason I love it: Kanye reminds me of my myself. If I didn't know better, I'd swear we were siblings. He is quirky (weird), irrational, fashionable, witty, and an overall genius! He took a very dull song (in my opinion) and turned it into this work of art!

2. This is How We Do It


Artist: Montell Jordan
Album: This is How We Do It
Year of Release: 1994
Favorite lines: 
The summertime skirts and the guys in Kani 

All the gang bangers forgot about the drive-by 

Reason I love it: Everything about this song screams party! This scene from This Means War pretty much sums up my home life (nothing too exciting going on here) and this song as the soundtrack is PERFECT.





1. Let's Stay Together



Artist: Al Green
Album: Let's Stay Together
Year of Release: 1971
Favorite lines:

That let's, let's stay together
Lovin' you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad
Reason I love it: It's actually VERY weird that this is my favorite song since I don't think I ever want to get married but it is and has been for as long as I can remember. I love, love (not enough to do anything to be in love or anything crazy like that) and I think everyone should be in love at some point. It's SO much fun! Love, love, love you all! :)


Now, it's your turn. What are your favorite songs of all time?!?





0 comments:

Post a Comment