Sunday, May 5, 2013

You are Never Too Old

. . . too drink out three nights in a row. This weekend has been full of drinking, which is fantastic. I haven't had any hangover experiences so I don't think a weekend full of liquor ever goes out of style. 


Friday night is not usually a "school night" but I knew I had to work very early in the morning so the adult in me told my inner drunkard to stay home and rest up for the next day. The drunkard could smell the beer miles from the bar so I ended up going out to celebrate the weekend with some coworkers and friends. I only planned to stay for an hour or so but made it home in time to gather 4 quality hours of sleep before work. 

Saturday I figured I would wake up cranky and flustered but I was ready to take on the world because two of my former "students" were graduating from College. I'm too young for this but whatever. When your first job is working with teens and you're barely out of your teens yourself, this is what you get. (I made it through work but who cares about that). Saturday evening I was able to celebrate graduation style with both of them. I am very proud of them and their accomplishments and I WISH I had some pictures to show of the evening but I've never been good at remembering to take those.  Good news, other people took tons of pictures so I will steal those and share them as soon as they're all up and posted. One of the highlights of the night, the amazing signature rum punch.


T O D A Y is my favorite holiday revolving around alcohol, Cinco de Mayo. I have always believed that in my next life I will be Mexican. I love everything about Mexico and maybe one day I'll even visit. The weather is awesome, their food is incredible, they wear boots year round, and they make tequila on their farms instead of just chickens. It sounds like my type of country. I know the holiday really isn't that important to my kindred people but I'm going to push that fact to the back of my head and go out and celebrate! Tequila! It's what's for breakfast.


0 comments:

Post a Comment