Thursday, May 2, 2013

How Bizarre

By now, we all know that my dog is very unique in personality and appearance. At least this is my opinion. It is very possible that my dog is displaying typical dog behaviors and every other dog I've ever had was actually weird. Just to verify, I'm going to outline some of the things my dog does that I think are bizarre  If your dog does something similar, drop me a line so I know that this is just a dog being a dog.

1. He barks at himself. I don't have many dog level mirrors but anytime he sees himself, he issues a challenge. . . to himself, in the form of a viscous bark.

2. He gathers up a mouth full of food, runs across the room, spits out the food on the floor, then eats it one kibble at a time. Then he repeats this until he is done eating.

3. He always tries to beat people through a doorway. I know this is an alpha dog thing but he never wins. He is too clumsy and too slow to actually make it through the door before the human.

4. He sleeps with one eye open. It's like he's expecting something bad to happen and he wants to be prepared. (At least I know I'm safe!)

5. He pushes people in the pool. If you stand to close to the edge of the pool with the intention of staying dry, he will run by and push you in with his hind legs.

A N D

6. He lays NEXT to his bed. He sits on the bed, plays with toys on the bed, humps the bed. When it's bedtime, he lays next to the bed. Sometimes he uses it as a pillow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really makes me want to install a mirror dog-level to see if my dogs would bark at themselves.

My little dog has the opposite problem with food. He's so afraid he is going to lose it, he tries to swallow things whole. We've had to stop him from choking on more than one occasion, though I would like to think he's getting over this as we nor the other dog ever take food away from him after we give it to him.

While I think the mirror thing might be typical dog behavior and even some people sleep with eyes open, the others are quite hilarious.

-Tia

Post a Comment