Thursday, May 9, 2013

Adults in Orlando. . .

Apparently watch an average of 5 hours of television a day. SAY WHA?

I was thinking there's no way that this is possible then I thought about myself. I'm not sure if my TV viewing habits are unique but I'll share them anyway because that's why we're all here. Right?

So I have three prominent ways that I view television. I would like to preface this discussion of my habits with some reminders. One, I don't really sleep that much. Two, I have exceptional time management skills which leaves me with more free time than most. Three, team no kids!

1. I watch the news on a never ending loop. I am home by 3pm most days so I will watch the local news at 4 o clock. Then I'll watch it again at 5 because the 4 o clock news has a lot of teasers to tune in at 5. Then I'll watch CNN from 6 to 9. I am so well informed about local, national, and global issues. Sort of.

2. If I'm not watching the news, I will watch TV while I'm doing other things. I'm not really good at multitasking so usually the TV becomes a light source and background noise. For example, I am watching CSI right now but it is seriously the 3rd time I have attempted to watch it. I turned it on this morning while I was getting ready for work but it ended up taking a backseat to personal hygiene , the dog, and my five course breakfast. I tried to watch again after dinner but for some reason I picked up a book and started reading it. About 45 minutes into the one hour program (I don't even fast forward the DVR commercials anymore) I remembered that my goal was to watch TV and I restarted it. So now I'm watching it again but I'm also writing this. . . third time's a charm right?

3. I binge television watch. There are about 2 days a month where all I do, all day is watch television. Whether that is good, bad, or indifferent, it happens

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I find HGTV to be great background noise when something else distracts me away from watching a House Hunters marathon.

Post a Comment