Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.

I have a long, troubled past with my dentist. Right now, I see the dentist three times a year. In my opinion, this is about three visits too many. My dentist keeps trying to convince me to floss, like that's what I want to do with my free time! On a recent visit, he conveniently left me in the chair ("while going to get a special tool") when a periodontal disease video was playing. Now that I'm almost 30, I figured it's time to listen. So I bought some "super floss" and flossed my pearly whites. Hands down, worst experience of my life! You can bet your nice clean teeth I'm never doing THAT again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had the same conversation over and over again with my dentist, though I don't go as often as I should. In response to one of the those visits, my husband bought this water flosser as he'd read it was supposed to be better than traditional flossing anyway. It does seem to do its job as I flossed afterward once thinking it wasn't going to get between my teeth very well and there was nothing there! It's a lot less work than traditional flossing, too.

-Tia

Sturdy Thirty said...

I have that thing!! Maybe one day I'll use it. I initially bought it (from my dentist) to get him off my back. That worked for about 8 months.

Post a Comment