Thursday, January 2, 2014

Top Songs of 2013

I consulted Rolling Stone's Top 100 Songs of 2013 list and have reformatted it into my own top 10.

Also, because I am overly critical I have included at least one way that I think the song could be improved. I think my criticisms are valid because I was in my middle school band. (and we were so good)



Reason I Love This: It's so stupid that it's funny.
Room for Improvement: Eliminate Migos and just have Drake. His verses are pretty lame.


9.
Lonely Island feat Adam Levine, YOLO

Reason I Love This: I over use the term YOLO when I'm talking to teens.
Room for Improvement: It could have been slightly more exaggerated.

8. TaylorSwift, I Knew You Were Trouble
 Reason I Love This: I don't even know why but I love this song.
Room for Improvement: The song should be sung by anyone other than Taylor Swift.



Reason I Love This: Fast rapping is back again!
Room for Improvement: The na na na na part could have been eliminated and we could just focus on the aaaaay aaaaaay part.
Reason I Love This: I love the original song by Marvin Gaye
Room for Improvement: I wish they hadn't sued Marvin Gaye claiming that they didn't use his song. It's not plagiarism if you cite your sources guys!


Reason I Love This: Why should we stop?
Room for Improvement: The song should have been longer :)


Reason I Love This: Similar to Beyonce, I woke up like this. She also continues to steal my sister's dance moves and pass them off as her own which I appreciate. Who wouldn't want to emulate my sister?
Room for Improvement: I wish the music video were in color, lol



Reason I Love This: R. Kelly is underrated and Lady Gaga is my fav. They both sing curse words with perfect pitch. Best collaboration of all time.
Room for Improvement: Lady Gaga undersang. Yes, I made that word up.
Reason I Love This: The Message.
Room for Improvement: MORE TLC!! MORE TLC!!

1.
 Katy Perry, Roar

Reason I Love This: It was love at first sound.
Room for Improvement: This song is PERFECT!


Now it's your turn. What are your favorite songs of 2013?

0 comments:

Post a Comment